Teriyaki Chicken Wings
Teriyaki Chicken WingsCourse: AppetizersCuisine: American
1/2 bag Tyson’s Wings
6 tsp corn starch
5 tsp cold water
2 cup soy sauce
1 tsp onion powder
1/4 cup white vinegar
1 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 tsp ground ginger
- To make sauce: In a saucepan over medium high heat, mix soy sauce, vinegar, brown sugar and ground ginger. Stir well. Simmer about 5 minutes. Let cook for another 5 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl combine cornstarch and cold water, stirring well. Add to the sauce and stir.
- Once the sauce comes to a boil, let it cook for another 7-10 minutes and stir occasionally. It will thicken as it boils. Remove from heat.
- You can use Tyson’s frozen chicken wings if you can not find grillin wings. These are not precooked, so to prepare them for eating you need to, first, place them in hot oil for approximately 10 minutes. Deep fry in batches and then place on a grill pan for an additional 10 minutes, flipping frequently.
- Add teriyaki sauce to wings just as they are about to be removed from grill pan. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.