Teriyaki Chicken and Broccoli
Teriyaki Chicken and BroccoliCourse: Lunch, Side DishCuisine: American
4 meal prep containers
2 cups broccoli florets
2 cups cooked brown rice
1 bell pepper sliced into strips
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
salt and pepper
1 tablespoon oil
sesame seeds, for garnish-optional
- For the Teriyaki Sauce
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil, optional
1/4 cup light soy sauce or 2 tablespoons dark soy
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger, optional
- Preheat a large pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken, season with salt and pepper. Cook until no longer pink, for about 2-3 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk all the ingredients for the teriyaki sauce.
- Add the teriyaki sauce to chicken and cook for 4-5 minutes or until sauce is thick. Remove chicken from heat.
- In the same pan, add the broccoli florets and bell pepper. Stir fry for 2-3 minutes or until the bell pepper is slightly softened.
- Divide the chicken and broccoli into 4 meal prep containers. Add 1/2 cup of brown rice into each container. Sprinkle with sesame seeds (if desired) and cover. Can store in the fridge for up to 4 days.