Tequila-Lime Cheesecake Bars
Tequila-Lime Cheesecake BarsCourse: DessertsCuisine: Mexican
2 tablespoons cointreau
2 tablespoons heavy cream
2 eggs at room temperature
4 tablespoons lime juice, approximately 2 limes
2 tablespoons lime zest, approximately 2 limes
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2-4 tablespoons tequila
16- oz cream cheese 2 8-oz packages; at room temperature
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
- Line a 9 X 9 inch pan with aluminum foil and spray with oil.
- To make crust: melt butter in a medium bowl. Stir in graham cracker crumbs until combined. Press gently in the bottom of the foil-lined pan.
- Beat together cream cheese and sugar until smooth and fluffy. Add lime juice and zest, tequila, cointreau and cream. Mix until completely combined *make sure to scrape the sides of the bowl. Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Pour cream cheese mixture over graham cracker crust, spread into corners. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the center sets up.
- Allow to cool completely in pan, then refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Cut into squares.