Slow Cooker Mexican Shredded Beef
Slow Cooker Mexican Shredded BeefCourse: Dinners, Keto, Main DishesCuisine: Mexican
3 pounds beef chuck roast
1 onion, diced
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1-2 tablespoons juice of one lime
1 Tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon kosher salt plus more to taste
1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes
- Mix together the chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt, oregano and red chili flakes, set aside.
- Add the chopped onion and garlic to the slow cooker with the tomato paste, lime juice, and just 1-2 teaspoons of the spice mixture. Stir everything together until fully mixed.
- Sprinkle the rest of the spices all over the chuck roast, patting to help it stick to the meat.
- Place the meat on top of the onion mixture and set cook on low for 7-8 hours.
- After meat has cooked, use two forks to shred the meat, removing any large pieces of fat or gristle. Stir to mix well with the sauce. Cover and continue to cook on low for another 30-60 minutes.
- Before serving stir well again to mix the meat with the sauce. Taste meat and season with more salt to taste.