Sloppy Joe Stuffed Peppers
Let turn our favorite recipe into tasty and flavorful dish to vary your dinner today more diverse. That is Sloppy Joe Stuffed Peppers. Flavor-packed with ground beef, onion, garlic, beef broth, pepper and another add-ingredients. Making the dish, you not only have delicious dish to treat family, treat yourself, but also don’t have to spend many time on cooking. The simple reason, they are super easy to make with the best of the detailed instructions.
Sloppy Joe Stuffed PeppersCourse: DinnerCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Let turn our favorite recipe into tasty and flavorful dish to vary your dinner today more diverse. That is Sloppy Joe Stuffed Peppers. Flavor-packed with ground beef, onion, garlic, beef broth, pepper and another add-ingredients. They are super easy to make with the best of the detailed instructions.
1 lb. ground beef
1 tbsp. tomato paste
2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
1 medium yellow onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp. brown sugar
1 c. tomato sauce
1/3 c. ketchup
1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 c. Shredded Monterey Jack
4 bell peppers, cut lengthwise
1/3 c. low-sodium beef broth
Freshly ground black pepper
Chopped green onions, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Cook onion until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in tomato paste and garlic and cook until fragrant, about a minute more. Add ground beef, season with salt and pepper, and cook until no longer pink, for about 6 – 8 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and stir in tomato sauce, ketchup, Worcestershire, apple cider vinegar, and brown sugar. Let simmer until slightly thickened, for about 5 – 7 minutes.
- To a large baking dish, add peppers. Divide the mixture evenly into 8 pepper halves and top with cheese. Pour beef broth into baking dish (to help peppers steam) and cover with foil.
- Bake until peppers are tender, about 45 minutes. Uncover and broil until cheese is golden, 2 minutes.
- Garnish with green onions and serve immediately.