Sheet Pan Steak Fajitas
Sheet Pan Steak FajitasCourse: DinnerCuisine: MexicanDifficulty: Easy
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 large onion, thinly sliced
3 bell peppers, thinly sliced (I like using green, red and yellow)
2 4-5 ounce lean steaks (sirloin or round), thinly sliced
2 tablespoons taco seasoning
2 teaspoons smoked paprika
1/2 teaspoon mild chili powder
juice of one lime (about 1 and a half tablespoons)
tortillas, tomatoes, lettuce, cheese, sour cream, avocado for serving (as desired)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Drizzle the olive oil on a large sheet pan.
- Add the sliced onions, sliced bell peppers, and thinly sliced steak to the sheet pan, along with the taco seasoning, paprika, chili powder, and lime juice.
- Using your hands or a pair of tongs, toss everything together well until the meat and veggies are well coated in the seasonings and the oil.
- Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for about 12 minutes, or until the veggies are becoming soft and the steak has browned on the outside. Be careful of over-cooking the steak (nobody likes dry steak!) – test a piece after 10 minutes to be sure it’s cooked to your liking.
- Serve in tortillas with lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, sour cream and avocado, as desired (use the time while the fajita filling is baking to prep these ingredients).