Salt and Pepper Chicken Wings
Salt and Pepper Chicken WingsCourse: Appetizers, Main DishCuisine: Chinese
22 chicken drummettes
2 tbsp cornstarch
1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/3 cup water
vegetable oil for frying
- For the Seasoning
1 head of garlic, minced
2 tbsp olive oil
1 bunch of green scallions, finely chopped
1-2 tsp red chili flakes
pepper salt, to taste
- In a pot over medium high heat to 350 F, Pour enough vegetable oil and heat. In a medium-sized bowl, whisk flour, cornstarch, and water until no lumps remain. Dry chicken wings with paper towel. Coat chicken in slurry, place into hot oil.
- Divided chicken into two batches to fry, about 6-8 pieces for each, for for 8 minutes, or until light golden color.
- Drain excess oil on paper towels. Set chicken
- Continue until all your wings have been fried once for 8 minutes. Then, again working in small batches, fry chicken a second time for 8 minutes, until golden and crunchy. Set aside. Repeat with remaining chicken until all wings .
- In a wok, add olive oil and bring to medium heat. Once the oil is hot, add in garlic. Cook and stir until has the aroma and lightly browned, about 1 minute. Reduce heat, add in chili flakes and scallions, cook about 1 minute on low heat. Turn off heat and place finished chicken into the wok and toss the chicken in the garlic mixture. Sprinkle white pepper mix evenly over chicken. Taste and adjust as desired.