Roasted Sweet Potato and Black Bean Quesadillas
Roasted Sweet Potato and Black Bean QuesadillasCourse: Appetizers, Dinner, LunchCuisine: Mexican
2 Large Sweet Potatoes, peeled and sliced into chunks
4 White Flour Tortilla Wraps
2 Large handfuls of Cheddar
1 tsp Smoked Paprika
1 tsp Cumin
1/2 can of Black Beans, rinsed
1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper (or to preference)
1/2 tsp Ground Coriander
Salt and black Pepper, to taste
Juice from 1/2 a Lime
Optional: Avocado, Jalapeno, Fresh Coriander, Extra Limes, Sour Cream, Salsa, Guac
- Preheat oven to 390 F.
- In a oven dish, place spuds and drizzle of oil. Add in Smoked Paprika, Cumin, Ground Coriander, Cayenne Pepper, Salt & Pepper. Mix to completely coat them. Bake for 25-30mins or until softened with a caramelized outing.
- When the dish has cooled down a little, use a potato masher and roughly smash sweet potatoes, (don’t mash it into oblivion, you want to keep some of the crispy parts of the potato). Set aside.
- Take a Tortilla and lightly brush one side of it with Oil. Turn off the heat, place on a griddle or regular pan oiled side face down. Spread on half of the sweet potato mash, top with half black beans, 1 handful of cheese and a squeeze of Lime Juice.
- Place a second Tortilla on top, press down to contain the filling and lightly brush the top with oil.
- Turn on over medium heat and fry for around 6-8 mins on each side, or until nice and golden.
- Serve with any additional toppings and sides