Red Cabbage and Corn Salad
Red Cabbage and Corn SaladCourse: SaladsCuisine: American
- The Dressing
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1/2 tbsp. vinegar regular or apple cider
1/2 tbsp. sugar
1/3 cup good-quality mayo
1/4 tbsp. black pepper
1/4 tbsp. salt
- The Salad
1 small red cabbage about 1 1/2 lbs.
1 lb. of cooked chicken boiled, baked, or rotisserie.
1 can 14.75 oz. Del Monte Golden Sweet Whole Kernel Corn
- In a small bowl, mix all of the dressing ingredients together. Set aside.
- Cut out the cabbage core. Gently remove 4-5 outer leaves, rinse, and reserve for later.
- Quarter and finely shred the cabbage. Place it into a large bowl.
- Cut the chicken into small, bite-sized pieces.
- Drain the liquid out of the corn.
- Add the chopped chicken and corn to the bowl with the shredded red cabbage, and pour the dressing on top. Mix well.
- Divide the salad between the reserved leaves. Ready for serving.