Pulled Pork Quesadilla
Pulled Pork QuesadillaCourse: Side DishCuisine: American
8 flour tortillas
25 cup green pepper, finely chopped
1.5 cups pulled pork
1.5 cups shredded cheese (mozzarella or cheddar)
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp butter
1 red onion (large), halved and finely sliced
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add butter and heat until melt.
- Add the onion and stir to coat. Spread the onions out evenly over the pan and let cook, stirring occasionally, for about 7 minutes.
- Add brown sugar and balsamic vinegar and cook for an additional 5 minutes until sticky.
- Add pulled pork and green peppers, and cook for an additional 3 – 5 minutes, or until the meat is cooked through. Empty contents of skillet into a bowl and set aside.
- Using the same skillet, wipe clean with a wet cloth. Add olive oil and heat.
- Place tortilla flat and sprinkle with 1/8 of cheese and 1/8 pulled pork mixture.
- Fold tortilla in half and cook 1-2 minutes on each side.