One Pot Chicken Stew
One Pot Chicken StewCuisine: American
6 garlic cloves, chopped
5 cups chicken stock, divided
3 medium carrots, sliced diagonally into 1/2-inch pieces
1 1/2 lbs. chicken thighs, boneless, skinless, cut into 2-inch chunks
1 Tbsp. canola oil or avocado oil
12 oz. baby white potatoes, quartered
1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
1 dried bay leaf
1 medium sweet onion, cut into 12 wedges
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over high heat. Add chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, until brown on all sides, about 6 minutes total. Transfer to a plate.
- Add carrots and onions to the Dutch oven and cook, stirring often, until onions begin to soften, about 4-5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for about 30 seconds, stirring nonstop. Add 1/2 cup chicken stock while stirring and scraping to loosen browned bits from the bottom of the Dutch oven.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour and 1/2 cup broth, add to the Dutch oven. Stir in chicken and remaining 4 cups of chicken broth. Add bay leaf and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 25 minutes, partially covered.
- Add potatoes and cook uncovered until potatoes are tender, about 18-20 minutes. The liquid will slightly reduce even further. Stir in parsley and discard bay leaf before serving.