Loaded Chicken Quesadillas
Loaded Chicken Quesadillas is one of the my best favorite dish to treat my family now. It is packed with full of taste, and flavor. Everyone love eating it, especially my kids. When served, it is gone quickly. It is in regular rotation of daily meals. That is reason why I want to share the good food in the recipe today.
With this dish, I can eat for any meal for whole day. It is not only delicious but also nutritious for each my portion. The perfect combination between ingredients that make great quesadillas that you might never try before.
Most of us always have to think about what to eat for next meal. I often get headache with the problem, even I feel so scare when go into kitchen. But all will be deal with after I fount the best delicious dish that fits with the taste of all member in my family.
The recipe also is great for those whom are big fan of chicken. It is not only delicious but also easy to make. The simple ingredients and detailed instructions of the recipe, whether you are not much good at cooking, you will easily have delicious and nutritious dish to treat yourself, your family.
Just taking it a try at the first time, you will fall in love for all, from taste to color. It promises keep you satisfied. Let’s save the good recipe on your cookbook and make it immediately. Everything is ready to make, and you?
Loaded Chicken QuesadillasCourse: Dinners, Lunch
1 1/4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced into 1/2-inch cubes
6 oz. cheddar cheese, shredded (1 1/2 cups)
6 oz. monterrey jack cheese, shredded (1 1/2 cups)
6 (10-inch burrito size) flour tortillas
4 tsp olive oil, divided
3 Tbsp butter, melted
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 cups chopped bell pepper (red and green)
2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2/3 cup chopped red onion
Guacamole, sour cream, pico de gallo or salsa, for serving (optional)
- Mix chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper together, toss the combined ingredient with chicken (about 3/4 tsp salt 1/2 tsp pepper).
- In non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, heat 2 tsp olive oil. Add chicken and cook and turn occasionally until fully cooked through, about 6 minutes. Transfer to a medium mixing bowl.
- In the same skillet, heat remaining 2 tsp oil. Add bell pepper and red onion and sauté until tender, about 6 minutes, add in garlic at last 1 minute. Transfer to bowl with chicken, pour in lime and toss.
- Brush melted butter on top side of tortillas. Wipe skillet clean with paper towels, heat over medium heat. Toss cheeses together.
- Transfer one tortilla buttered side down to skillet. Working quickly sprinkle 1/2 cup cheese evenly over one half side of the tortilla, and then sprinkle with about 3/4 cup of the chicken mixture. Fold top half over, repeat with a second tortilla.
- Let cook until golden brown about 2 minutes.
- Repeat process with remaining tortillas, cheese and filling. Cut each quesadilla into 2 or 3 wedges. Serve warm with desired toppings.