Key Lime Poke Cake
Key Lime Poke CakeCourse: DessertCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Cooking spray, for pan
All-purpose flour, for pan
1 box vanilla cake mix, plus ingredients called for on box
1 14-oz. can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 c. heavy cream
1/3 c. freshly squeezed lime juice
1 tbsp. plus 2 tsp. grated lime zest, divided
2 drops green food coloring (optional)
3 c. whipped cream
1/2 c. sliced strawberries
1 small lime, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 350º. Grease a 9″-x-13” pan with cooking spray and dust with flour. Prepare cake mix according to package instructions. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake until a toothpick comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes.
- Using the bottom of a spoon, poke holes all over cake.
- Make filling: In a medium bowl, stir together sweetened condensed milk, heavy cream, lime juice and 1 tablespoon lime zest. Fold in food coloring, if using.
- Pour filling over poke holes and spread with a spatula. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Top with whipped cream and garnish with remaining 2 tsp. lime zest, strawberries, and limes.
- Source: https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/recipes/a53053/key-lime-poke-cake-recipe/