Honey Mustard Soy Glazed Chicken Wings
Honey Mustard Soy Glazed Chicken WingsCourse: Appetizers, Snacks, Game Day
12 whole, fresh plump chicken wings
1 tablespoon good quality soy sauce
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon Coleman’s dry mustard
½ cup Dijon mustard
½ cup honey
1/3 cup cider vinegar
1/3 cup brown sugar
Vegetable oil for grilling
- Cut off wing tips and freeze for stock.
- Run sharp knife down between joint and separate wingette from drumette.
- In a small sauce pan, mix the ingredients together: Dijon, dry mustard, vinegar, brown sugar, honey, soy sauce and sesame oil.
- Bring to a boil, lower to simmer, for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Line a grill pan with foil with a little foil ridge around the outside and set aside.
- Have a large bowl standing by.
- Heat grill to medium high and brush grates with a little vegetable oil. Place wings on oiled grates and grill 20 minutes, turning often and keeping lid shut between turns.
- Transfer to the large bowl and pour most of the sauce over the wings. Reserve the remainder of the sauce.
- Toss the wings to coat and pour out onto the foil lined grill pan and place back on the grill and close the lid. After five minutes, flip each one and close the lid again. After five more minutes remove.
- Once they come off the grill for the second time, pour the remaining sauce over, toss and serve.