Honey Garlic Roasted Pork Tenderloin
Honey Garlic Roasted Pork TenderloinCourse: Main DishCuisine: American
1 pound Pork Tenderloin
- For the Rub
2 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon garlic salt
1 tablespoon fresh minced thyme
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 tablespoon fresh minced rosemary
1 tablespoon garlic pepper
1 teaspoon chili powder
- For the Honey Garlic Sauce
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
1 tbsp cornstarch + 2 tbsp water for slurry
1/2 cup light soy sauce
1/2 cup honey
1/3 cup orange juice
1/3 cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Discard all fat from pork. Puncture the pork in several places with a fork
- In a small bowl, add all the rub ingredients together and spread on all sides of the pork. A heavy skillet over medium high heat, and add butter. Allow to melt, and then place pork in skillet. Sear just until brown on all sides, for about 2 minutes.
- Place skillet in the oven and roast for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, add all ingredients in a small sauce pan for honey garlic sauce, not include the cornstarch and water. Whisk to combine and boil slightly.
- Add the cornstarch and water to make a slurry and add to sauce. And whisk until slightly thickened. Remove from heat, and set aside.
- Remove pork from the oven and baste with honey garlic sauce. Place oven to “HI” broil and broil pork for about 3 minutes, allow sauce to caramelize. Let rest 5 minutes, slice and garnish with fresh chopped thyme and rosemary.