Fish Tacos with Spicy Cilantro Lime Slaw
Fish Tacos with Spicy Cilantro Lime SlawCourse: Main CourseCuisine: Mexican
3 tbsp high heat cooking oil
3 tbsp mayo
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder
1 lb firm white fish – such as walleye cod, halibut, mahi mahi, tilapia, flounder
1/2 cup AP flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp sugar honey or agave syrup work as well
2-3 Jalapeno peppers Remove seeds for less heat
Juice of 1 large lime
1/4 tsp salt adjust to taste
1 cup sour cream
2-3 cloves garlic
1 cup fresh cilantro
1 Bag shredded cabbage or 4-5 cups fresh cabbage
- For the Fish
- Place fish on paper towels and pat dry.
- In small bowl, combine flour, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper and mix together.
- Lightly coat each piece of fish in flour mixture.
- Heat skillet and add oil.
- Once oil is hot, add fish.
- Cook fish in batches, for 2-3 minutes on each side ,or until it is evenly seared on both sides. Add a generous pinch of salt and pepper after flipping fish.
- Place fish on paper towels after cooking.
- Add more oil and heat completely before cooking each batch of fish.
- For the Coleslaw
- Add sour cream, mayo, garlic, cilantro, sugar (or honey or agave syrup), peppers, lime juice, and salt in a food processor and pulse until completely combined.
- Add the dressing to a bag of shredded cabbage (or fresh cabbage) and toss evenly to coat.
- Warm corn or flour tortillas and top with fish, generous portion of coleslaw, and favorite toppings.