Easy Baked Sopapillas
This is my favorite desserts- Easy Baked Sopapilas. The simple reason, it is light on the inside and crisp on the outside, and is rolled in melted vanilla butter and cinnamon sugar. I often make it and treat family. All members love eating so much, specially my kids. When served, it is gone quickly. With the recipe, it is as my best weapon that can satisfy my kids’ hunger.
If you are finding something light, and sweet, the easy baked sopapillas are for you. Just take it a try at the first time, you will fall in love for all, from taste to flavor. It is easy to make, it takes only a handful of ingredients that you probably already have. It is the perfect combination among ingredients such as ground cinnamon, puff pastry, vanilla extract, flour, butter, sugar, honey. All of them work well in one.
Let’s save it on your cooking handbook and make it. Everything is waiting for you.
Easy Baked SopapillasCourse: DessertCuisine: American, Mexican
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon All Purpose Flour, for sprinkling
1 stick butter, melted
1/2 cup sugar
Honey for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with a silpat or parchment paper. Set aside.
- Sprinkle the flour on to a clean and dry surface.
- Place the puff pastry on the floured surface and cut into 9 squares.
- Place the squares in a single layer on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until golden brown, for about 13-14 minutes.
- Whisk the vanilla extract into the melted butter.
- Mix the sugar and cinnamon with a fork in a small bowl.
- Dip the cooked puff pastry squares into the butter, then, roll in cinnamon sugar.
- Ready serving.