Cold Sesame Noodles with Spiralized Zucchini
Cold Sesame Noodles with Spiralized ZucchiniCourse: Main CourseCuisine: American
4 oz whole wheat spaghetti, uncooked
2 large carrots, spiralized or shredded
2 cups chickpeas 19 oz can, drained & rinsed
1 medium-sized zucchini, spiralized
green onions (to garnish)
sesame seeds (to garnish)
- Almond Butter Sauce
3 tablespoons rice vinegar
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1 clove garlic minced
1 teaspoon finely grated ginger
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon lime juice
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes optional; omit for non-spicy version
1/4 cup almond butter
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Rinse under cold water and set aside to cool completely.
- Portion out pasta, zoodles, carrot noodles and chickpeas among four 2-cup storage containers. Sprinkle with green onions and sesame seeds.
- Stir or shake together all almond butter sauce ingredients, and divide amongst 2 oz storage containers.
- Store in the fridge for up to 4 days, but not freezer-friendly.
- Enjoy cold. Drizzle with the almond butter sauce and toss up before serving.
- Almond butter may be substituted with any other natural nut butter.