Coconut Chicken Curry
Coconut Chicken CurryCourse: Main CourseCuisine: Thai
2 lbs chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tablespoons curry powder
1 can (14 ounce) coconut milk
1 can (14.5 ounce) diced tomato, drained
1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/2 onion, thinly sliced
1 can (8 ounce) tomato sauce
3 tablespoons sugar
Salt and pepper
- Season the chicken chunks with salt and pepper.
- Mix curry powder and oil. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the curry oil mixture. Heat curry oil for 1 minute.
- Add garlic and onions and cook for 1 minute.
- Add chicken chunks and toss lightly to coat with the curry oil mixture.
- Reduce heat to medium, and cook for 7 -10 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink in center and juices run clear.
- Pour coconut milk, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and sugar into the pan, and stir to combine. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 30 – 40 minutes.