Are you looking for a snack idea? In the article today, I am so glad to share Churros recipe that can satisfy your hunger. These are easy to mix up and full of flavors by frying choux pastry batter into thin strips and tossing them in cinnamon sugar. Serve them with warm chocolate sauce. You can eat them at any time, day or night. They’re ready for a meal or two. Especially, they will become regular and recurring snacks that are great selection for a game day or party.
As you see, when your kids come home after school, they often suffer from hunger. To deal with this, you have a snack to their hunger. Moreover, you are worried about the sanitary conditions of the street snacks at the recent. And you want to make them by yourself. They will not only protect your healthy but also save your family’s budget. You can make them the day before and put them in the refrigerator.
Just taking it a try at the first time, you will fall in love for all, from taste to color. It promises keep you satisfied. Let’s save the recipe on your cookbook and make it immediately. Everything is ready to make, and you?
4 oz (112 gr) bittersweet or semi-sweet chocolate cut into small pieces (or 1/2 cup of chocolate chips)
4 tbsp (56 gr) unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
4 large eggs
3 tbsp (38 gr) granulated sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
2 tbsp (14 gr) ground cinnamon
1/2 cup (118 ml) water
1/2 cup (118 ml) milk
1 stick (1/2 cup, 113 gr) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
1 cup (119 grams) all-purpose flour
1 cup (196 gr) granulated sugar
large pinch kosher salt
oil for frying (canola, peanut, vegetable, or avocado oil)
- Make the choux pastry (for the churro shells): In a sauce pot over medium heat, heat the water, milk, butter, sugar, salt and vanilla. Once boil, turn it off the heat and pour all of the flour into the pot at once. Stir quickly until cohesive dough.
- Flatten the mixture to the bottom of the pan and return it to medium heat. Listen for the mixture to begin making a crackling sound. Once you hear it crackling, pull the mixture to one side of the pot and check if there is a thin film on the bottom. It not, heat longer until a film forms. Remove the mixture from the heat and stir until all of the steam has evaporated off. Keep stirring until not see anymore steam.
- Off the heat, add the eggs into the mixture and stir until each egg has completely absorbed into the batter before adding the next. Once the batter is smooth and glossy it is done.
- Chill the batter in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Prep fry station: Preheat a deep fryer, pot, or deep skillet to 350F, heat oil. Also, combine your cinnamon and sugar mixture in a bowl and set aside.
- Pipe: Transfer the choux pastry to a piping bag fit with a large star tip. Pipe strips of the choux pastry into the hot frying oil, about 5-6″, using a knife to cut the strip off into the oil as it comes out of the pastry bag.
- Fry: Use tongs to gently move the churros around in the oil, making sure they fry on both sides. Fry until the churros are golden brown, about 3 minutes. Transfer the cooked churros to paper towels to drain for about 1 minute. Toss the warm churros in the cinnamon sugar mixture to coat.
- To make the chocolate dipping sauce, place the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl. Set the cook time on your microwave to 2 minutes and start the microwave. Stop the microwave every 20 seconds and stir the chocolate with a rubber spatula. As soon as the chocolate is almost completely melted with only a few solid pieces left, remove it from the microwave, for 2 minutes. Add the butter to the bowl and stir. The heat from the melted chocolate will melt the butter and the solid chocolate pieces to create a smooth glaze.
- Place in freezer bag, can store frozen Churros for up to 3 months.