Churro MuffinsCourse: Desserts, BreakfastCuisine: Mexican
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup butter melted
1/4 teaspoon salt
- Churro Cinnamon Sugar Topping
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup butter
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Coat a 24 mini-muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Mix 1/2 cup sugar and 1/4 cup butter in a large bowl. Stir in the milk and vanilla, then mix in the flour, baking powder, and salt until just combined. Fill the prepared mini muffin cups about half full.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the top of the muffins are lightly golden, 15 to 20 minutes.
- While muffins are baking, place 1/4 cup of melted butter in a small bowl. In a separate bowl, combine 1/2 cup of sugar and cinnamon.
- Turn the muffin tin pan over to release the muffins on a plate or cooling rack.
- Dip each muffin in the melted butter, and roll in the sugar-cinnamon mixture. Let the Churro Muffins cool.