Chocolate Chunk Coffee Cookies
The perfect combination between coffee and chocolate that make my greatest cookies- Chocolate Chunk Coffee Cookies that I want to write about it in recipe today. I am a big fan of chocolate cookies, I often eat some and sip with a cup of hot and flavorful coffee for my breakfast. Luckily, Chocolate Chunk Coffee Cookies is new recipe that can satisfy my favorite.
I spend a lot of my time on searching and testing my own cookies, of course, they are full of the taste of coffee and chocolate. Each has its own taste, and Chocolate Chunk Coffee Cookies too. With myself, this recipe also brings exciting experience in a particular way. It is great thing!
I make them many time and vary much, finally, I have perfect detailed instructions of the recipe. Besides, the recipe have easy-to-find ingredients and they work well in one. If you love them, let’s take them a try. They promise keep you satisfied.
Making the cookies at home, it means you don’t have to stay line a long in front of the bakery to buy your favorite cookies. You can totally make them at home under your own way. When making, you can make with a large amount, and keep them in an airtight container or ziploc bag on the counter for 3-5 days. Above all, they are also one of the edible gifts if you want to give someone. A great idea, right? Okay guys, chit chat should stop here. It’s time to try!
Chocolate Chunk Coffee CookiesCourse: DessertCuisine: American
2 teaspoons brewed black coffee, can be instant
2–3 teaspoons ground coffee granules or sub instant coffee
1 cup unsalted butter softened to room temperature
1 cup brown sugar
1 large egg plus 1 large egg yolk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2.5 cups all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1 1/2 cups chocolate chunks or chips
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the butter and sugars and mix on low-medium until smooth in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Do not overmix or the cookies will spread more than they should.
- Add in the whole egg and then the yolk, and keep continuing mix.
- Mix on low to combine ground coffee, vanilla, and brewed coffee.
- Turn the mixer off and add in the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and then turn the mixer on low until the dry ingredients incorporate into the wet.
- When fluffy mixed dough forms, stop the mixer and stir in the chocolate chunks in by hand so as not to break them up.
- Use a scoop , scoop out evenly sized balls and place them on the baking sheet.
- Chill the dough for an hour or up to overnight.
- Preheat your oven to 350° F.
- Separate the dough balls on two different baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Let’s place them apart 1-2 inches to allow for spreading.
- Bake for 15 minutes on the lower rack in your oven. The cookies are done when the edges are golden brown.
Only mix the butter and sugar until combined. Do not overmix or the cookies will spread.
If you want more coffee flavor use 1/2 teaspoon vanilla and an extra 1/2 teaspoon brewed coffee or sub the vanilla extract for coffee extract.