Chicken Salad Sandwich
Chicken Salad SandwichCourse: LunchCuisine: American
4 lbs chicken parts (bone-in, skin-on thighs and breasts work well)
3 scallions, thinly sliced (white and green parts)
2 celery ribs, chopped
2 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
1 cup seedless grapes, halved (red and green varieties are great)
1 cup almonds, thinly sliced
Juice of 1 lemon
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp Kosher salt (start with 1/2 teaspoon, then add more, to taste)
1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
1 cup mayonnaise
Freshly ground pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Rub the olive oil all over the chicken pieces. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes, or until internal temp reaches 165°F using an instant-read thermometer.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and let cool. Remove the skin then pull the meat from the bones and roughly chop.
- In a large bowl, mix together the chicken, grapes, almonds, celery, scallions, dll, and parsley.
- In a small-medium bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, lemon, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Add the mayo/mustard mixture to the chicken mixture and gently stir until well mixed.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Serve on a bed of greens with sliced tomatoes and avocado. Or, serve on bread with green leaf lettuce.