These Campfire Cupcakes are the perfect edible gift that I often treat my little boys when we take part in camping outside. They are perfect not only for camping, but also for dessert and snack. Check out here.
Campfire CupcakesCourse: DessertCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
These Campfire Cupcakes are the perfect edible gift that I often treat my little boys when we take part in camping outside. They are perfect not only for camping, but also for dessert and snack.
1 box Devil’s food cake mix, plus ingredients called for on box
48 mini marshmallows
2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1/4 c. heavy cream
1 1/2 c. butter, softened
6 c. powdered sugar
pinch of kosher salt
Orange and yellow food coloring
Pretzel sticks, for decoration
24 toothpicks, for decoration
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line two cupcake pans with cupcake lines.
- Make cake batter according to package instructions and divide between cupcake pans. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the middle of a cupcake comes out clean, for about 20 minutes. Let cupcakes cool completely.
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer or the bowl of a stand mixer using the paddle attachment, beat butter until fluffy. Add powdered sugar and beat until combined. Then add vanilla, heavy cream, and salt, beat until combined.
- Divide buttercream between two bowls and dye one bowl of buttercream orange and the other yellow.
- Alternating between orange and yellow, fill a large piping bag fitted with a large star tip. Pipe swirled buttercream onto each cupcake.
- For decorate: Arrange pretzel sticks, standing up, around the buttercream to look like sticks in a bonfire. Skewer two mini marshmallows onto each toothpick and stick a toothpick into each cupcake.