Asian Slaw and Quinoa Salad
Asian Slaw and Quinoa SaladCourse: SaladsCuisine: Asian
6 cups red or green cabbage 1 lb, shredded
2 green onions, sliced thin
1 tbsp sesame seeds black or white
1 cup uncooked quinoa cooked
1 cup carrots 1/4 lb, shredded
1/3 cup cashews, chopped
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- For The Sesame Ginger Vinaigrette
2 tbsp sesame oil light or dark
1 tsp fresh ginger, finely grated
1 clove fresh garlic, finely grated
1 tbsp maple syrup or liquid sweetener of choice
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup unseasoned rice vinegar
kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- Toast The Nuts And Seeds
- Preheat oven to 350°; toast sesame seeds and cashews by placing them on a sheet pan in a preheated oven until golden brown (about 3 minutes). Allow to cool and set aside.
- For The Asian Salad
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cabbage, cooked quinoa, carrots, cilantro, sesame seeds, cashews, and green onions; cover and refrigerate until ready to dress with vinaigrette.
- For The Sesame Ginger Dressing
- In a mixing bowl or lidded jar, mix together rice vinegar, ginger, garlic, maple syrup, salt, and pepper.
- Slowly drizzle in olive oil and sesame oil, continually whisking until well-blended and creamy.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to dress the salad.