Asian Cabbage Salad
Asian Cabbage SaladCourse: Side DishCuisine: Asian
6 cups cabbage roughly 1/2 head
4 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
2 tablespoons sesame seeds toasted
1 carrot cut into matchsticks
1 red bell pepper, sliced thin
1 can mandarin oranges, drained
1/4 cup almonds, toasted
- Asian Cabbage Salad Dressing
3 tablespoons sesame oil
2 tablespoons raw honey or sub date syrupe
1/2 cup rice wine vinegar plain (if using seasoned, omit honey and salt)
1-2 teaspoons sriracha or other chili sauce.
1 teaspoon sea salt
- After chopping the veggies, add the cabbage, carrots, and mandarin oranges to a bowl or storage container.
- Add all the dressing ingredients together in a jar, and shake well until the honey is combined.
- Pour about ½-3/4 of the dressing over the cabbage mixture, and put in the fridge.
- Keep the romaine and red bell peppers stored separately until right.
- In a small frying pan over medium heat, toast the sliced almonds and sesame seeds. Stir frequently until the nuts are lightly browned.
- Mix the romaine and peppers with the cabbage mixture, and top with almonds and sesame seeds.
- Add more dressing if desired, or serve the extra dressing on the side.